Friday, November 6, 2009

My Disclosure Statement

Last October the Federal Trade Commission set it's sights on Bloggers and anyone who endorses a product. You would think that they have bigger fish to fry, but for now they are watching me and any other bloggers out there who are trying to misrepresent themselves or products they talk about. To learn more about these new rules, head over to Blog Disclosure Policy.org to learn more.

In keeping with these new rules, here are this blog's Disclosure Policies.
  • This is a personal blog written and edited by yours truly, me! 
  • All opinions and comments are this blog author's alone. 
  • This blog does not accept any form of cash payments in exchange for product reviews or posts. Many items and products that are reviewed and/or given away have been provided to me by a sponsor and will NEVER be exchanged for a positive review. I will always give my honest opinions of a product in a review. The compensation I've received will never influence what I write.  If I dislike a product, I won't tell you about about it or I'll give the sponsor the option of a negative post. I do accept and keep free products (or regift them), from companies and organizations for the purpose of a review and/or giveaway.  Anything that I accept will never influence my opinion, posts or content.  Some advertising info, photos or details in a review may have been generated by a third party ad network. Any paid advertisements will be identified as paid advertisements. I want to be above board on this sort of thing.
  • The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owners. If I claim or appear to be an expert on a certain topic or product or service area know that I'm really not,  I just think I am. I will only endorse products or services that I believe, based on my own experiences, are worthy of such endorsement.  
  • Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. I (and any family members or friends who may have had input on a review/giveaway) will not be responsible or held liable for any adverse reactions, injury or death resulting from any product reviewed and/or given away on this blog. If you have any concerns questions or hesitations about usig a product, consult a doctor about, or researching any product mentioned on this blog before using.  
  • Any advice I give or suggestions I give are suggestions alone. Try or use any of them that you like, at your own risk. I am not an expert and should not be trusted!  I (and any family members or friends who may have had input on a post) will not be responsible or held liable for any adverse reactions, injury or death resulting from any suggestion or advice given on this blog.  Try at your own Risk!!! What I do safely and all the time, may not work out the same way for you. 
  • Facts From A Fact Woman is an Amazon associate. What does this mean? It means that if you click on any Amazon link here on my blog and you purchase something, I receive a small portion of your purchase price as thanks from Amazon for sending you.

I think that this covers all the new rules so that I don't get fined and/or sent to jail!
Consider yourself informed and warned!!!

No comments: